News related to Mirage Research Group
- January 2011, Our recent collaborative
CoNext paper on the characterization of content publishers in
major BiTTorrent portals has been highlighted in an
- September 2010, Kaveh Kazemi and Reza Motamedi joined the Mirage group.
Kaveh received his BS and Reza completed his MS at Sharif University of Technology.
- April 2010, Two Phd students in our lab received scholarship
from the college of Art and Science, Ghulam Memon and Mojtaba Torkjazi
recevied Dunbar and Howe scholarship, respectively.
- November 2009, Our article in "Sampling P2P Networks"
was cited in a major blog.
- September 2009, Reza is spending his sabbatical (September '09 -
August '10) at
IMDEA Networks, Madrid, Spain.
His visit is supported by a European Union Marie Curie Fellowship under the AMAROUT Europe Programme
- Reza's collaborative work on characterizing content publishers in major BitTorrent
portals were highlighted in an
- September 2009, we received a three year grant for the amount of
$350K from the division of Information & Intelligent Systems at NSF
in support of our research on
"Multi-Resolution Analysis & Measurement of Large-scale,
Dynamic Networked Systems with Applications to Online Social Networks".
- August 2009, Jimmy Hastings passed his undergraduate
honors college thesis "with honors".
- June 2009, Ghulam Memon received the Julif's Scholarship Award from the CIS department.
- June 2009, Mojtaba Torkjazi was received the best GTF award
from the CIS department.
- June 2009, Amir Rasti passed his oral comprehensive exam.
- June 2009, Mojtaba Torkjazi passed his DRP exam with distinction.
- June 2009, Masoud Valafar passed his DRP exam with distinction.
- April 2009, Ghulam Memon received travel grant to attend Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation 2009 in Boston, MA.
- April 2009, Nazanin Magharei received the 2009-2010 Marthe E. Smith
Memorial Science Fellowship.
- July 2008, Ghulam Memon passed his DRP exam with distinction.
- June 2008, Amir Rasti received the Julif's Scholarship Award
from the CIS Department.
- June 2008, Mojtaba Torkjazi and Masoud Valafar were nominated
for the best GTF award in the CIS department, and were recognized
as the first year GTFs with excellent performance in the commencement
- May 2008, Reza was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- April 2008, Nazanin Magharei received
the 2008-2009 Henry
V. Howe Scholarship. She was also awarded the 2008-2009 Miller Family
Graduate Award in Technology and Science.
- February 2008, Nazanin Magharei is selected as the only
nominated student for the UO Doctoral Research Fellowship by
the CIS department.
- February 2008, Nazanin Magharei passed her Oral Comprehensive
Exam with Distinction. Congratulations Nazanin!
- November 2007, Amir Rasti received travel grant to attend the
CoNext Conference at Columbia University and present
his work at the student workshop.
- September 2007, Mojtaba Torkjazi and Masoud Valafar joined Mirage
group. Mojtaba and Masoud both have received their B.S. degree from Sharif
University of Technology.
- September 2007, Daniel Stutzbach's PhD dissertation has been nominated for
ACM dissertation Award by the CIS department at UO.
- December 2006, Amir Rasti passed his DRP exam.
- November 2006, Our two submissions to
IEEE INFOCOM 2006 have been accepted for publications.
- November 2006, Daniel Stutzbach has become the first member of the
Mirage group who has completed his PhD. Congratulations
- October 2006, Amir Rasti received travel grant to attend the
Conference on Network Protocols in Santa Barbara, California.
- October 06, Daniel Stutzbach received travel grant to attend
2006 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- September 2006, Reza Rejaie has received a three-year grant for
the amount of $300K from the networking program (Nets-NBD) at NSF in
support of his research on "Characterizing
Large-Scale, Dynamic Peer-to-Peer
Networks: New Sampling and Modeling Approaches" as part of
- August 2006, Our two submissions to the SIGCOMM
(IMC) 2006 have been accepted.
- June 2006, Nazanin Magharei passed her DRP exam with
- June 2006, Cisco Systems will fund our research on
"Characterizing and Modeling the Dynamics of Peer-to-Peer Networks" as
part of the IonP2P Project
the article in Inside Oregon.
- June 2006, Nazanin Magharei received the Julif's
from the CIS Department.
- April 2006, Daniel Stutzbach received travel grant to
INFOCOM'06 (and Global Internet'06) and present three papers from the
- April 2006, Daniel Stutzbach won the 2006--2007
and Lucille Dunbar
Scholarship which carries an award of $5000.
- October 2005, Nazanin Magharei received travel grant
- July 2005, Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA) has
published a piece on
research on P2P streaming (in Farsi)
- June 2005, Daniel Stutzbach received travel grant to
- March 2005, Mirage group was invited to the
that showcased research at UO.
- January 2005, Reza Rejaie received an
Career Award for his research on P2P streaming.
- January 2005, Nazanin Magharei and Amir Rasti have
joined the Mirage group.
- October 2004, Daniels Stutzbach's
won the second prize in the Graduate Research Poster Contest.
- October 2004, Reza Rejaie was selected by the
University of Oregon
as the only candidate from UO to apply for the Microsfot New Faculty
- September 2004, Daniel Stutzbach received travel grant
- August 2004, Daniel Stutzbach received travel grant to
- March 2004, Shad Stafford received travel grant to